A great deal of expertise and artistry goes into creating beautifully balanced lips that look natural. In expert hands, lip fillers can create fuller and more defined lips to give you a more attractive smile.
Wider, fuller lips with defined vermillon borders are signs of youth and female attractiveness. As we grow older our lips become thinner, flatter and less defined. This is because we produce less of the hyaluronic acid that is essential for volume. Dr Nicole uses a leading lip filler brand made from hyaluronic acid, to give you the best possible aesthetic results. Hyaluronic acid filler is a temporary filler, and the filler is broken down over time by your own natural enzymes. Lip fillers can smooth away upper lip lines, enhance the lip outline and boost volume.
Dr Nicole will assess your smile and facial proportions during a comprehensive lip assessment to determine the ideal way to enhance your lips. This can be done using a combination of lip fillers, anti-wrinkle injections, and other treatments. Dr Nicole’s treatment principle is creating perfectly balanced features in a subtle, natural way.
- Delivered by a Consultant Dermatologist who is also an aesthetic trainer
- Experience in providing hundreds of filler treatments
- Gentle approach using an ultra-fine needle or Steriglide™ Aesthetic Microcannula to minimise discomfort, bruising and improve safety
- Long-lasting premium fillers (Ultra 3, VOLIFT® or VOLBELLA®) to achieve a soft, natural feel
- A systematic approach to lip enhancements to achieve ideal lip proportions
- Expert consultation and comprehensive aftercare programme
The expertise behind enhancement
There is much more to lip enhancement than adding volume alone. Before you have any treatment, Dr Nicole will carry out an extensive lip assessment to determine the right treatment plan for you. This will include:
- Assessing the lips in 3D and proportion
- Assessing your smile. If you have a gummy smile or downturned mouth, Dr Nicole will discuss using anti-wrinkle injections to address these concerns
- Determining the correct amount of lip fillers to create a natural look
- Deciding whether treatment is enhancing (perfecting lips by adding volume or pout etc) or restoring (addressing ageing concerns)
- Assessing lines and wrinkles around the mouth which can be improved with dermal fillers, chemical peels and other skin treatments
What constitute the key features of perfect lips?
- Curved, well-defined vermillon borders with a well-defined cupid’s bow centrally
- Sharply defined philtral columns
- The upper lip has a prominent protrusion (tubercle) centrally
- The upper to lower lip ratio is approximately 1:1.6 times (but 1:1 ratio in the Afro-Carribean ethnic group)
- The lower lip has a small depression centrally and two lateral protrusions
- The mouth corners should be at least straight and maybe slightly upturned
- On lateral profile, the upper lip should project slightly further than the lower lip (around 2mm)
- On lateral profile, nasolabial angle of 90-100°
- Smooth skin around the lips without visible wrinkles or fine lines
Generally, both lips are treated to create perfect lip proportions but Dr Nicole treats lips individually as well to address specific concerns such as a thin upper lip. Please see the separate pages for further information on dermal filler treatments for cheeks, eyes, jaw line and neck.