Losing hair can be stressful and traumatic. It is a problem that affects women as well as men with many different causes behind it. From male and female pattern hair loss to alopecia areata, post-chemotherapy and scarring alopecia – it is clear that effective treatment must begin with a specialist understanding of the reasons behind hair loss.
Dr Nicole’s Restore Hair Loss Programme starts with your consultation in Manchester, Cheshire or Lancashire. This in-depth assessment will look at all potential factors to determine the best course of action. With all the information at hand, Dr Nicole will develop a tailored treatment programme to help stop any further loss and restore hair growth. The elements of each programme are tailored to the reasons behind your hair loss. The treatment options may include hair growth products, prescription medications, injectable and/or procedural treatments.
As a Consultant Dermatologist with a specialist interest in hair disorders, Dr Nicole has an in-depth knowledge of the skin, scalp, hair and hair-loss conditions. She will always provide honest and comprehensive opinions on the results you can expect.
- Delivered by a Consultant Dermatologist who also runs a specialist tertiary referral NHS hair clinic
- Specialist experience in treating a wide range of hair loss problems, including scarring and non-scarring hair disorders
- Comprehensive approach to address all the underlying factors to your hair loss
- No GP referral required
Understanding the reasons behind hair loss
Male pattern baldness is a very common reason for hair loss, but it is far from the only cause. Below you will find some of the other main causes behind hair loss:
- Alopecia areata is an autoimmune condition that causes hair to fall out in patches. Hair loss is usually temporary
- Scarring alopecia is much rarer. It destroys the hair follicles and replaces them with scar tissue
- Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) creates hormonal imbalance and overall hair thinning
- Thyroid problems affect the hair-growth cycle resulting in hair loss
- Childbirth and menopause trigger hormonal changes which can result in hair loss
- Extreme stress can cause a sudden and dramatic shedding of hair
- Chemotherapy and radiotherapy can both trigger dramatic hair loss
By carrying out an in-depth assessment, Dr Nicole can determine the reason behind your hair loss in order to target the treatment effectively. Her specialist experience and expertise in all the causes of hair loss enables her to develop a programme that is especially designed for you. You will have the chance to ask questions and voice any concerns – we will always provide professional, honest and comprehensive answers.