For years, skin clinics such as ours here in Manchester have offered clients the chance to turn back the clock on their appearance through silhouette soft treatment. In this post, we’ll tick off some of those common questions about this popular thread lift treatment, covering how long it lasts, what’s involved, and why you should consider having it.
First of all, what is the treatment?
Silhouette soft thread lifts are a way to tone and tighten the face, avoiding the need for expensive, high-risk and high-recovery surgery. The treatment works by gently threading surgical sutures – the material used to make stitches –through the skin, which lift the face to combat sagging skin while stimulating production of collagen.
When will I see results?
You’ll likely see an immediate improvement, however because slight swelling and bruising may be experienced, true results may take a few days to become visible. Results can last anywhere from 1-3 years.
Is the treatment dangerous?
No. The surgical sutures dissolve over time, and the procedure can only be carried out by a trained doctor. While we’ve touched on possible swelling and bruising, any serious side-effects are extremely rare.
Does a thread lift hurt?
No. We keep our clients happy and comfortable by numbing the treated areas during the procedure. You may feel movement while the sutures are inserted below the skin, but you won’t feel any pain.
How do I care for my skin after silhouette soft?
While our team will talk you through everything you need to know, here is a quick guide on aftercare:
- In the early days, use paracetamol to relieve pain and avoid alcohol and wearing make-up. It’s also a good idea to avoid touching the treated areas and to be gentle if you do need to wash or groom.
- Strenuous exercise (including running) should be avoided for at least 2 weeks.
- Heat treatments (saunas, tanning beds etc) should be avoided for at least 3 weeks.
- Dental treatments, facial aesthetic treatments, facials etc should be avoided for at least 3 weeks.
- Over-the-counter paracetamol can help relieve pain.
What other treatments could I try?
Few treatments can produce the same lifting and tightening effect as silhouette soft thread lifts, however we offer other anti-ageing treatments that could benefit your appearance, including dermal fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
How do I book my thread lift?
Get in touch via our contact page to arrange your silhouette soft consultation here at our Manchester skin clinic. We look forward to seeing you very soon!