Since you’re considering or already booked in for a ULTRAcel Q+ consultation, you’ll probably want to know the ins and outs so you can prepare for the treatment.
Today, I will break down some pre-treatment and post-treatment advice for you to be fully versed on this treatment so you’ll have no apprehensions on the day.
What should I expect from the treatment?
– The complete treatment typically takes fifteen to thirty minutes, depending on the size of the treatment regions and the state of the skin.
– There may be some discomfort, aching, and tingling sensations during the process, but these are usually transient and well-tolerated.
– A modest difference can be visible immediately following treatment, but this could be due to mild swelling and immediate tightening of the collagen fibre network caused by heat generated by the intensely concentrated ultrasound waves.
What should I know pre-treatment?
– No active suntan or fake tan should be present in the region to be treated. Sunbeds and prolonged exposure to sunlight are not permitted in the month preceding treatment, and an SPF of at least 30 must be used on the area between treatments. Before therapy can begin, suntans must disappear entirely. Fake tans must also be wholly gone before treatment can start. A suntan or sunburn usually takes at least two weeks to fade. We recommend delaying treatments for four weeks if you’ve been on a sunny vacation.
– If you arrive at your appointment with a suntan or sunburn, we have the right to refuse treatment.
– All skin irritants (glycolic/salicylic acids, benzoyl peroxide, retinol products) must be avoided for one week before treatment.
– A medical history is gathered during the meeting, but we rely on you to update us on any changes. We must be aware of any medications you are taking, including those obtained from a pharmacy or herbalist.
What should I know post-treatment?
– After a ULTRAcel Q+ treatment, you can resume your normal activities immediately without downtime.
– If you have redness, discomfort, or warmth in the treated region, you can put a cold pack to it that evening for ten to fifteen minutes.
– It is advised to use a noncomedogenic moisturiser and sunscreen.
– If desired, makeup can be applied immediately after treatment.
– Deep facials and massages should be avoided while undergoing therapy.
– If you intend to undergo additional aesthetic treatments, please consult your practitioner.
What do the results look like?
Can I see the treatment in action?
Don’t hesitate to contact my team to schedule a consultation with me at my Manchester clinic to see if you’re suitable for ULTRAcel Q+. We can arrange a consultation to ensure you select the best treatment for your needs and get the excellent results you seek.